Digging for the Deep Dirt on Darren

“Digging for the Deep Dirt on Darren”


So this week I had the opportunity to take a long look at my internet existence. Using three different browsers and a mess of different applications, I peeled back layers of information to see what an interested party might be able to find out about me with a simple click of the mouse. So with jus a wee bit of trepidation, I invite you join me as I tumble down the rabbit hole...



The first kind of sites I utilized were the "people finder" types like "MyLife" and "Radaris"






















Photo Credit: MyLife.com & Radaris.com
No real surprises here. They got my age right and came up with several interesting aliases.
They nailed my previous addresses correctly. Interestingly enough, because of my adopted
status, they seemed to know more about my wife's family than my own.


Image Searches

Google Image searches brought back similar results no matter which I used. I did attempt to use different IDs I have used in the past. For the record, the fourth picture on the top row is not me. I believe he is an insurance adjuster in the Atlanta area. Not surprisingly his name is Darren Tuggle. That third picture looks a bit like a wine and cheese party from "The Purge."
All Images Above Photo Credit: Google Images

As I dug a little deeper, I found myself in the 

"Hey, that is none of your business!"zone. 


Photo Credit: CPSpay.com

This is not up-to-date information. I no longer work at
Kelvyn Park High School, and I am no longer a literacy
intervention teacher.

Photo Credit: Spokeo.com
This site, Spokeo was kind enough to provide a map to my house.
I suspect for a small fee, they would be willing to arrange for an
Uber to bring you by!

Speaking of my house, the folks at "blockshopper.com" were happy
to share what my wife and I paid for our house. It was a steal.

Photo Credit: BlockShopper.com

The Scoop on Social Media!!!


A quick stop by "social searcher.com
can you provide you with a list of all 
of my social media activities. 

Photo Center: Social Searcher.com


Browsing Around...

It was extremely cool to use several different browsers like GOOGLE and FIREFOX, yielding a mixed bag
of results. Some of the items were from several years back. It was a nice trip
down memory lane.

A couple of years ago, I was apparently the darling of the Chicago Tribune!







And this was a fun thing to relive.

I think what was most gratifying, was all of
the material I found on the book in which my
MA thesis was published. This is an actual
review that I had never seen for the Wabash Center.



Photo Credit: Wabash Center

And I found this little snippet from ONEGOAL GRADUATION where I
was interviewed about my Mexican Heritage.

Photo Credit: ONEGOAL Graduation

My sentimental favorite? This program that I found
for a summer theater production I was in.
This would have been 1986!

Photo Credit: Eastern Illinois University Department of Theater



So I found it pretty interesting that I spend so much time warning 
kids to be careful what they post on the internet, I had no idea the 
depth and breadth of things that are available that one DOES NOT 
post on the internet. While I didn't find anything embarrassing on my 
search (ok, I did find a video of me with a blond wig on and a group of 
teachers singing backup as I sang "Baby" by Justin Bieber. 
I chose not to post this. You are welcome.) Still, I was surprised at the amount 
of personal information that was available on myself and my wife. I was pleased that my son's name was not mentioned anywhere.
This really makes one wonder if there is such a thing as "personal information" anymore?

The entire time I was working on this project, I found myself thinking 
about a student teacher that worked at my school. One day a bunch of 
my students came up to me to share a video that they were excited about. 
I know that this should have been my cue to run, but like a rookie, I made 
the mistake of looking down at the screen. There was the student teacher 
twerking at the party. I don't know if he posted it or if he knows that it even 
exists, but I do know that it isn't going anywhere.  - Darren

Comments

  1. You are right about this being a rabbit hole! Thanks for the detailed reflection. In terms of the student teacher did you tell him?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment