Reflections on Learning for EDU 792






What are the 1 - 2 most important things you learned in this course? How will these things be part of your future work as a teacher or librarian? - 

Upon leaving this course, I feel that I have a much better understanding of the flipped classroom and why it might be something that I want to continue to work on as I enter what is likely the final third of my career.  In addition to the general understanding about flipped classroom, I feel like I have really been able to up my film game. What I found most incredible was how easy it to work with green screen. I invested $70 on equipment and now have a really cool set up that I plan to use with my students. 
The other aspect of all of this that I felt fascinating was how most if this work can be done with little to no expense. The fact that most of my students have access to a movie studio on their phones seems like science fiction to me.  


What are 1 - 2 things you need to learn next to build upon what you learned in this course? How will you learn these things? 

The assignment That I struggled with the most was the live-streaming. I was short on time that week, but I really felt like I didn't get the hang of using Twitch along with OBS to live stream. I feel like if I were asked to do this again, I would likely need to start over. Ultimately, that is the beauty of this type of work. You can just keep trying until everything sinks in. 
I wish I would have been a little more brave in using video editing software. I only tried one other platform when it was assigned to do so, but after that, I always returned to iMovie. Still, I have the other two examples on my computer and plan on attempting some video work using DaVinci Resolve.  

Comments